Advice on packing your wedding dress ready for travel
We suggest you speak to your dress supplier about the best way to pack your wedding dress,
most are happy to help and do this for you. If however, you will be doing it yourself these simple
instructions will help you on your way. two pair of hands are better than one!
How to pack your wedding dress for travelling
• Remove all jewellery and watches which may snag your dress.
• Wash your hands and ensure the area to be used is clean.
• Before you begin, cover any brooches or buckles with small pieces of tissue to prevent any possibility of snagging.
• Take 4 sheets of tissue and lay over the sides of the box.
• Fold one sheet of tissue in half and place into the bottom of the box · now set aside.
• Fold one sheet of tissue in half and place it onto the surface where you will be folding your dress – large table, double bed or clean floor area.
• Using this folded piece of tissue as your guide – lay your dress on top of it face down with the waist line on the folded edge.
• Draw an imaginary line from the tissue down the length of your dress and fold in from the right hand side, placing tissue into the fold as you go. Repeat from the left.
• You should now have a long narrow dress the width of a sheet of tissue · place tissue along the length of the dress, overlapping each by 50mm.
• Fold 30cm up from the bottom, repeat this process until you reach the waistline of the dress.
• Folding the top part of your dress backwards onto the skirt, you may want to scrunch some tissue and place into the bodice.
• Lift and place your dress into the box.
• Fold and bring over the tissue from the side edges of the box and then from the top to completely cover the dress
We also advise you to never ever store your dress in a plastic bag of any sort a plain white duvet cover is perfect or a special wedding dress box with Acid free paper. Bring an old duvet cover for transporting and storing dress whilst in resort keeps it dust free and the duver cover is perfect for standing on to get into wedding dress on the day.
Finally men’s clothing extra hangers for shirts make sure if new they have gone through a rinse wash also special trouser hangers are fab for keeping the trousers crease free after steaming.